About other programming tools... It's the word of floating point formatting and memory allocation. The sprite is a complex type variable that contains many parameters (like a component in VB). Visual Basic doesn't supports the straight writing of the variables to the file, and Delphi uses other memory allocation algorithms. Anyway, I am doing my Editor with Delphi — I plan to write and read sprites byte-by-byte. It's tough, but...
I try to make editor Sprite 1.3 on VBA-Excel but while it(he) badly works. On this I do not allow the link. If who has good graphic file, either a sound, or idea, send on e-mail c mark PK2. Excuse - badly I know English language.
Specify in what a problem: You open file PK2_SPRITE.xls program Excel? You have resolved performance of macroowls? You press button " Start "? What messages appear? Mistakes in the editor are possible(probable), it only beta the version.
dmit: Great work, but I still have discovered some minor problems with your sprite editor:
- one description says: "How much damage sprite causes (positive decreases and negative decreases)." I'm sure either positive or negative increase the damage the sprite causes, or am I wrong?
- another thing is that it must be possible to set the weight of the sprite to 0 or to negative values because there are flying sprites and sprites which have to slowly fly upwards
- I don't know what to do with "Animation sequences (strictly adhere to structure of a line". What do I have to do there? I think there are further explanations needed.
- And is it possible for you to insert some bars to move the preview picture to the left/right and up/down while assigning the size of the first figure? Sometimes it is impossible to assign the size because when I zoom the first picture of the sprite moves out of the area in which I can see it.
- Can you insert translations into other languages? I'd offer myself for writing a German translation (as soon as I understand everything). Then I can write a German manual, too. edit: Sorry, I just found the function of adding a personal translation. But I still would offer my translation to be added to your official version of the editor to make the use of your programme easier for Germans.
- And I've one more question: Is it possible to save the information where the PK2\sprites file is on my computer? In my opinion it would be nice not to have to search for PK2\sprites every time you start the programme.
Last Edit: Oct 27, 2006 15:10:14 GMT -5 by pekkafan
pekkafan thanks for check of the program. How much damage sprite causes (positive decreases and negative decreases). - the comment of the author, on this I did not begin to correct it. The weight of the character can be established now less than 0. (Prompt in what character it negative? - for testing) Has expanded comments to animation. The choice of a folder now is kept. Movement of figure I shall try to make. If you will make translation into German language, send a column with translation. I shall be glad to include it in the file.