Hi, it's good to know that not all "officials" have so much work to do that they can't take care of this forum anymore.
Here are my ideas for Pekka Kana 3: - it should support more colours because at the moment that's a big problem (colours look different from how they looked when they were drawn, eg yellow becomes orange etc., some colours "glow" ingame) btw.: I've dicovered a strange bug concerning colours: I took a doodle drink can and changed it's body's colours in paint (from red to purple or something). Then I saved the bmp-file with a new name. And when I made a new doodle with this can using the sprite editor and I tested it, some of the colours I had not changed at the top of the can were glowing. The colours should be as they are on the original can but they are glowing while the original can does not. Strange, isn't it? - it would be great if the sprites get some new features eg. bonus sprites which take points instead of giving points, bonus sprites that make you move slowly/faster, wall sprites that disappear when you collect 1000 points (it would be cool if it counts down to 0) - the item bar should contain more items (about 6) - the item bar should be activatable/deactivatable because sometimes you want to see something in the bottom-left corner but you can't because of the bar - the items in the bar should be used by pressing 1 for item 1, 2 for item 2, etc. so that one can choose which item one wants to use - the tilesets should contain more tiles because when I make new tilesets 150 tiles is too few, for example I need more than 4 tiles that can be animated - there should be one more tile which moves up and down and one more that moves left and right because the tiles now start moving up/left and the new tiles should start moving down/right (or vice versa), eventually the tiles should become sprites so that you can choose how far they move - and last but not least: an event editor (see pistegamez.proboards18.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=PK2&thread=1108494928&page=1 for more information)
well right now. you will not be able to see Janne that often. Because me and him right now we are talking about PK3 and we want to see how we want to get things done. I wish i could tell you guys about the game but i can't. All i can say is that None will be dissapointed. Just in case you guys do not know who i am. I am one of the programmers that works with Janne.
Last Edit: Jan 14, 2007 21:08:40 GMT -5 by Xfactor21
- How about a small map (as in the map editor), which one can activate, while playing a game. With a glowing dot, to see, in which area of the map one is. Or to see those hidden "extras" or designs, which otherwise have to be discovered with the map editor - How about eliminating the crash effect, which happens when a program is running in the background. E.g mailprogram - How about enemies, which do not die, but reactivate after x seconds. - How about the gamers name - could it be possible to to keep the chosen name instead of Pekka at the beginning? - An extended extra item box (as pekkafan mentioned).
There are probably more things, but since I still enjoy playing PK2 and I got used to close other programs (mail program) before starting - I still think, that PK2 is one of the (if not "the") best free J&R game, I came across. Thanks again.
PK2 still seems to be the best free J&R game - enjoy playing it.
Wow, It's great that you all returned to this forum. There has been a lot of spammig and abusing when you were away, so now I hope that everything is going to be fine again.
As I promised I have more wishes for PK3 (or a large update of PK2):
- wouldn't it be possible to make levels in different difficulties and copy them into 3 subfolders of the episodes folder (eg my-episode) with the names easy, medium, hard and when someone wants to play a level he has the choice of the difficulty? (that would be useful because my own levels for example are quite difficult and so I would like to make easier versions of them with better weapons, less enemies, shortcuts etc) When an episode contains no subfolders but one then one should not need to choose a difficulty.
- it would be great if one could draw extra pictures for sprites when they move in a different direction. For example I drawed a question mark doodle (first doodle in the picture below). But when it moves to the left I looks ridiculous (2nd doodle). Instead it should look like the 3rd doodle.
- the background picture should not influence the colour of the sprites because it seems as if the background picture makes some of my self-made sprites glow and others not. (The sprites by Janne never glow although they are drawn with the same colours. What is the trick?)
- the game should support more letters. I made a German alphabet using the Russian which is included in the latest Pekka Kana 2 version. When I type a nickname with ä, ü, ö and ß (the special letters our alphabet contains) ingame only ä and ö work fine because they are part of the Finnish alpabet. The letters ü and ß only work when I change the German language file.
How about the gamers name - could it be possible to to keep the chosen name instead of Pekka at the beginning?
That is already possible. You just have to change *player default name: pekka (in the language file, eg. Pekka Kana 2\language\english.txt) to *player default name: EmaDan or whatever you like.
- and last but not least: if PK3 does not support more colours than PK2 it would be great if someone made a Bitmap-file which contains all 256 allowed colours ordered by colour and divided into glowing and not glowing colours. Though it is hard work to do that it would be a great advantage for making new sprites and tilesets. (And even if PK3 supports more colours it would still be very useful for PK2.)
Well first of all pk3 will be made using DirectX with some extend of using 3d and shaders So some basics are totally different with pk3. Correct me Xfactor21 if I am wrong.
Yes the game will be using DirectX9 and Vertex/Pixel Shader 1.1. So a card with that capability will be needed to play the game. Alot of things will be different compare to PK2. We are taking this game to a whole new level. Also to answer the other peoples questions, there will be a new map editor and every sprites will be 32 bit color, 256 palletise color is out the door people and no longer will be be supported.
Last Edit: Jan 16, 2007 9:33:45 GMT -5 by Xfactor21